- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is Excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-Controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
An email scam is currently circulating New Zealand involving Customs. Read more about it and be on the alert.
Right to residence
If you want to claim household effects concessions, you must prove you’re allowed to live here.
You can do this with a:
- New Zealand passport
- Australian passport
- New Zealand residence or Returning Resident’s Visa
- Australian permanent residence or Resident Return Visa
- NZ Work Visa valid for 12 months or more
- NZ Work Visa in these 2 categories -
- Work to Residency (Skilled Migrant Category) OR Long Term Business Visa
- NZ Visitor’s Visa valid for 3 years or more.
This does not include a 3 year multiple entry visa.