From 1 October 2018 Customs will have a new Act. The changes mainly affect our business customers. Find out what this may mean for your business.
Clearing your items
Ask the company who is shipping your items to give you the documents you need. Some companies may also help you clear your items with us.
Shipping companies who help you lodge your clearance will charge an extra fee on top of any Customs charges.
If you’re only importing household or personal effects, you can clear them yourself.
To get Customs clearance for your items, you must give us:
- a completed NZCS 218: Unaccompanied Personal Baggage Declaration (DOC 543 KB)
- any permits you need, eg:
- your passport and/or evidence that you’re allowed to live in NZ
- a full inventory of the items you’re bringing into NZ
- the shipping arrival papers, eg Bill of Lading, Airway Bill or Arrival Advice.
- Clearance from MPI. *
* This will completed by NZ Customs, once all the required documents have been received.
You can then email all the documents to your nearest Customs Office.
If your items arrive in NZ before you do
If your items arrive in NZ before you do, you must authorise someone else to clear your items for you.
In addition to the documents listed above, they’ll need:
- permission in writing from you
- a photocopy of the head/biographical page of your passport.
If someone else clears your items for you, you might have to pay GST and duties on the items.