Technical reference documents
Message Implementation Guidelines (MIGs) and associated documents.
Software developers should use the following MIGs to start development:
- MIGs READ ME FIRST (PDF 226 KB)
- Messaging Common Documents (ZIP 60 KB)
- Advance Notice of Arrival V1.0 (ZIP 635 KB)
- Advance Notice of Departure V1.0 (ZIP 606 KB)
- Cargo Report Export V1.1 (ZIP 761 KB)
- Excise Declaration V1.0 (ZIP 614 KB)
- Export Declartion V1.1a (ZIP 973 KB)
- Import Declaration V1.1a (ZIP 975 KB)
- Inward Cargo Report V1.0a (ZIP 770 KB)
- Outward Cargo Report V1.1a (PDF 618 KB)
We are currently unable to supply these files via this website. Please contact JBMS@Customs.govt.nz and we will email the files to you.
B2B messaging information
The three documents below provide an overview of how to set up to direct connect to Trade Single Window (TSW), and how to get WCO3 messages software validated by Customs and MPI for use in production:
- TSW B2B On-boarding Overview (PDF 366 KB)
- Deed of Confidentiality to access the B2B Messaging Guide (PDF 51 KB)
- WCO3 Software Validation Overview (PDF 142 KB)
Inward Cargo Report process overview
The Process Overview for Air Freight document (PDF 618 KB) provides shipping lines, air lines, freight forwarders and software providers with an overview of the new ICR message and the associated new operational processes that will apply when it goes live.
If you have any questions or feedback please contact JBMS@Customs.govt.nz.