- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Valuation for import
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs rulings
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
Tariff classifications and rates
If you import goods into New Zealand you will need to know the tariff classifications, duty rates and any concessions for each type of item.
This information comes from the Working Tariff Document of New Zealand and you can look up this information on this website.
If you use Customs software packages, you can download our CusMod Tariff and Concession data files. These files are updated every 24 hours. Detailed instructions on the file contents can be found in the Tariff and Concession Readme document (PDF 90 KB).
For all other tariff enquiries please get in touch with the National Contact Centre.
The following download files are database files for incorporation in specialised Customs broker software.They are not designed for use by the general public.