- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is Excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-Controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
From 1 October 2018 Customs will have a new Act. The changes mainly affect our business customers. Find out what this may mean for your business.
Lodge your excise entry
If you’re newly licensed, you must lodge excise entries every month for at least six months.
All new licensees – and existing licensees who’re paying monthly – must lodge excise entries within 15 working days from the end of the month the alcohol products were removed from the Customs-Controlled Area (CCA) or licensed off-site storage area.
Read more about alcohol entry and payment timeframes (PDF 151 KB).