- Start importing
- Prohibited and restricted imports
- Import animals
- Commercial ships and cruise liners
- Lodge your import entry
- Preferential tariff duty rates
- Customs exchange rates
- Import payments and refunds
- Deferred accounts for importers
- Deferred accounts for brokers
- Import forms and documents
- What is Excise?
- Apply for a licence
- Lodge your excise entry
- Claim excise duty remission or refund
- Pay excise duty and other charges
- Apply for excise duty credit or drawback
- Moving excisable items
- Changing, suspending or cancelling your licence
- Amend, surrender or transfer your licence
- Change your entry or payment timeframe
- Customs-Controlled Areas
- Excise forms and documents
From 1 October 2018 Customs will have a new Act. The changes mainly affect our business customers. Find out what this may mean for your business.
Travel movements request
Requests for individual's travel movements.
The following documents are required to support the request:
- A signed letter stating what information is required. This letter must also include the applicant’s postal address and email address.
- A copy of a current signed ID, eg, Passport or Drivers Licence (if the request covers a maiden name as well, please provide a copy of your Marriage Certificate).
These requests can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or posted to:
Passenger Movement Checks
New Zealand Customs Service
PO Box 2594
Please note that these requests may take up to 20 working days to process.
Travel movements are only available from approximately mid 1990s. We are unable to provide information prior to this approximate date.